SQL Server Support services
Monitoring Services include:
- 24x7x365 monitoring ensuring long term database health
- Proactive database monitoring including performance monitoring, access control, server configuration control, capacity planning, resource utilization, server and database availability.
- Customized notifications
- Break/fix resolution
- Accurate and timely alerts
- Ensuring best practices
- Faster processing and response / optimizations
Proactive tuning incorporates:
- Database utilization
- License optimization
- Clustering and Availability Groups
- Log shipping
- Server configuration
- Database design
Database Tuning Services
Database Tuning Services are proactive tuning, optimization, best practices and support for your databases.
Short-term tuning may require:
- Query optimization
- SQL Server jobs
- Materialized views
BI and Data warehouse includes:
- Providing full application lifecycle support including planning, designing, building, deploying, and supporting all stages of the business intelligence lifecycle.
- Developing and implementing a roadmap for proper data governance and management to ensure all data is leveraged in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Completing data warehouse development design, and upgrades using star schema and operational data store (ODS) formats.
- Implementing data integration services (SSIS)
- Multidimensional Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) analytics and cube design.
- Spearheading Advanced Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) designs, development, and optimization
- Preparing customized and interactive business operations reports based on your desired specifications.
Developing and building data warehousing.
Database Projects and support may include:
- Database Assessments
- Tuning Initiatives
- Security and Audits
- Server Consolidation
- Complex Server Migration
- Platform Migration
- Database Installations
- Data Modeling
- Application Design
- Infrastructure Design
- DW, BI, ETL and Reporting
- Data Retention
- New Functionality
- Capacity Planning
- Backup and Recovery
- High Availability and Failover
- Disaster Recovery
All manual repeating processes can and should be automated. We can help with:
- Identifying your organization’s major automation concerns
- Outline a roadmap
- Develop scripts and queries to improve your organization’s automation processes
- Automatically generate reports
- Utilize a number of automation tools that best align with your needs, including SSIS, PowerShell, and a host of third-party options.
Data Development and Architectural Support:
- Our DBAs can help organize all aspects of data development
- Act as a data architect to bring together all the disparate pieces of a project while focusing on the bigger picture.
- Guide and coordinate all aspects of the data architecture within the development project.
- Create a data repository to store all project code (T-SQL code) and data structure Identifying the unique needs of your enterprise to define necessary technical parameters, information architecture, and timeline.
- Conceptual, logical, and physical database design and development.
- Automating procedures to ensure continuous delivery and thus reduce risk and improve efficiency.
- Ongoing monitoring, beginning at the delivery stage and continuing through to the retirement stage.
- Database tuning and maintenance.
Dynamics Resources offers Comprehensive Reactive and Proactive SQL Server Support.
Below please find a break down of Weekly / Monthly services. In case Monitoring is not setup on your SQL Sever environment, we will create the initial setup crucial for monitoring.
Daily/weekly health checks include the list below and takes 7 hours a week:
- Performance Monitoring (long running queries, frequent queries, concurrent users)
- Security Audit (failed logins, access and permissions level)
- Server Configuration Change Control
- Disk Space usage and database growth
- Resource utilization (CPU, IO, Memory)
- Server and Database availability
- Failed jobs and jobs of abnormal duration
- Size and Duration of database backups
- Status of Core Services (SQL Server Agent, SQL Server Engine, etc.)
- Track changes in database status and properties
- Specific errors and problems such as deadlocks, high severity errors
- Index monitoring (fragmentation, missing indexes, duplicate indexes, unused indexes)
- Monthly assessment, reports and SQL Server upgrades:
- Monthly database assessments will provide key insights, short and long-term database recommendations, optimization opportunities, misconfiguration and information on alternative database approaches to your environment
- Monthly reports with current environment details, such as usage peaks and valleys, concurrent sessions, index usage
- Monthly restore test from available backups
- SQL Server patching as patch became available