Request for quotations, or RFQ are a great feature within Dynamics AX 2012 because they allow you to create a quotation for items or services that you want to purchase, to receive and compare several vendors offers based on defined data criteria such as delivery times, prices, purchase charges, quantities.
In this lab, we would like to access a quotation in order to reply it with the vendors’ bids.
Create a reply to a request for quotation:
1) To access a quotation, you need to follow the system path: Procurement and sourcing > Common > Requests for quotations > All requests for quotations. In the All request for quotations it is possible to check all quotations created in the system.
2) Select the quotation with the status as Sent and click on Edit
3) In the request for quotation details form, select the vendor to create a reply and click on Enter reply button
4) In the Request for quotation reply form, click on Edit to reply the request for quotation for the selected vendor
5) In order to enter the requested data for the quotation reply, in the Purchase quotation line FastTab click on Details to reply with the price, purchase charges, lead time, delivery date
6) In the Quotation FastTab you can define the reply data for the quotation such as delivery data, price, purchase charges, lead time
7) After you have defined the vendor bid details, click on Line details button to close the form and return to the Request for quotations reply main form
8) Click on Close button to exit form and return to Request for quotation details form
9) Back to Request for quotation details form, in the Vendor FastTab, you can notice the vendor status has been amended for Received. The status has been changed, because the quotation reply has been completed for this vendor
10) In order to enter the requested data in the quotation reply form for all remain vendors, repeat the steps 3 till 9 in this article
11) In the Request for quotation details form, in the Vendor FastTab, you can notice both vendor accounts has the status amended for Received now; because the quotation reply has been completed for all vendors
12) After you have enter a reply for all vendors, click on Close button to exit form
13) In the All request for quotations form, in the Quotations tab, click on Refresh button in the group List to refresh the form. Check the quotation in the list with status as Received for Multiple vendors
See you next time. Have fun DAXing!