Global address book is a great feature within Dynamics AX 2012 because it allows you to create relationships among people and organizations that are associated with your organization.
In this lab, we would like to create a relationship between two parties using the global address book for a relationship as Filial/ Unit Subunit.
Create a relationship among parties in a global address book:
1) To create a relationship among parties in a global address book, you need to follow the system path: Home > Area page > Common > Global address book.
2) In order to create a relationship among parties using the global address book, select the party record that you want to create the relationship against and click on Edit
3) In the Party form, click on the Relationships FastTab to create a new relationship with the selected party record.
4) In order to create a new relationship, in the Relationships FastTab click on Add
5) Select the Relationship ID that you want to create in the dropdown list. In this lab, we would like to create a relationship with the definition as Filial/ Unit Subunit.
6) In the fields Party A and Party B you can select the parties records that you want to define the relationship against.
7) In order to create new relationships in the Party form, repeat the steps 4 till 7 in this article.
8) After you have create the relationship for all party records, click on Close button to exit form.
See you next time. Have fun DAXing!